Friday, May 20, 2011

Flower Power

Today, I did a quick ride around Bonelli to test out my new bottom bracket. It is definitely Spring, but roses aren't the only flowers with thorns...

Okay, cacti don't have "thorns," but you get the idea.

I tend to think of Mustard as the official flower of Bonelli. But this guy is in abundance as well. Sometimes the Thistles are hidden amongst the mustard. So be careful if you are riding through an area overgrown with mustard (most of the park). This stuff stings like the dickens if you brush up against it.

This is a nice flower,
but the picture is too symmetrical for my taste...

I like this composition better,
but the flowers are less impressive...


While the official flowers of Bonelli were everywhere to be seen, California was represented as well. No spines or thorns, just a distinctive hue of orange...


In case you were wondering, Bonelli is not "where it's at." Tomorrow, the party is up by the ski lifts on Mt Baldy. Come out and buy an overpriced Clif Bar from me to support my 2012 Tour Divide bid...

No comments:

Post a Comment